Omnichannel is a customer service strategy that is now replacing other models of working with people. If earlier sales were made in stores and retail outlets, and only a telephone was used to communicate with customers, then with the development of technology, communication tools have become more diverse and efficient. So over time, e-mail, online chats on sites, messages on a mobile phone appeared for sales and communication with potential buyers, and later communication moved to social networks and messengers.
The variety of communication means has turned from mono to multichannel. Each communication channel is viewed as a full-fledged way of communicating with customers, which is able to solve customer problems, bring traffic, and successfully close deals. The variety of communication channels contributed to the emergence of omnichannel.
The emergence of omnichannel
Today, all possible means are used to work with clients:
- telephone communication;
- social networks;
It is very convenient for clients that the service is provided in a way that is convenient for them, but the companies have encountered a number of problems. Due to the variety of communication options, customers are often duplicated, which confuses the maintenance system and does not allow an objective assessment of sales. For example, one client at different times purchased goods on the site, through a messenger, placed an order by mail, and also bought directly from the store. These are different purchase options, but made by the same person.
To avoid confusion, and the calculations were correct, experts have developed the concept of omnichannel. The main principle of this strategy is that the client independently chooses a convenient communication channel, and the data is loaded into the system and formed into one database. As a result, service workers do not need to simultaneously maintain a customer base on the site, offline sales, phone orders, etc.
How omnichannel works can be seen in an example. The client decided to buy the product online through the website and registered. To find out all the nuances, he contacts a consultant in the chat. After that, the person decided to think a little more - to make a purchase or not. In the meantime, he receives a letter in the mail with a reminder which products he viewed and what was left in the basket, and to make a purchase, he needs to take one step - to place an order. Next, the client decides to order the product by phone and calls the manager, and picks up the purchase in the store at a convenient time.
Each contact with a client is recorded in a single database, so any operator or manager can see the entire history of work with this person. Thanks to this, the client quickly receives answers to his questions, and the company's employees take a personalized approach, providing the best solutions. In this case, it is possible to constantly be in touch with customers and make much more sales. The bonus of this strategy will be improved customer service.
Novice businessmen, studying marketing strategies, are trying to decide what is more suitable for their area: multichannel or omnichannel. To solve this issue, you need to understand that these systems are similar, but the difference between omnichannel and multichannel is that it connects all means of communication into one system.
The advantages of omnichannel are as follows:
- Improved user experience. If it is convenient for the client to contact the company, he will use its services and buy goods much more often. Simplicity and comfort of ordering helps to increase sales. According to opinion polls, most people want to choose convenient communication channels for themselves and change them depending on the situation.
- Traffic and sales growth. When a client has chosen a convenient communication channel, received information, answers to his questions, he is more likely to make a purchase. With this approach, sales growth is ensured. This is confirmed by statistics.
- Increased customer loyalty. Research has shown that omnichannel companies have more loyal customers. They take advantage of the diversity of communication means, shopping becomes even more convenient, the level of satisfaction with the service increases, and in the future people recommend the company to their relatives, friends and acquaintances. It also contributes to one-time customers to turn into regular ones.
- Improved customer analysis. For companies, omnichannel provides ample opportunities for monitoring customers, studying their requests, preferences, and obtaining additional information. Based on this, it is possible to better identify the needs of a person and form individual proposals for him.
- Automation of processes. Even if the number of customers and orders is growing, there is no need to increase the staff, because the processes of placing and processing orders are carried out automatically, each employee continues to successfully cope with his work.
Omnichannel is expressed not only in a variety of communication methods, but also in the presence of several ways to reserve goods, pay and receive. When a person can choose the options that are convenient for himself at every stage of interaction with the company, he gets full satisfaction from the service.
The following tools are used to build an omnichannel strategy:
- a website where you can browse the assortment of goods and make a purchase immediately;
- buttons for switching to social networks, where you can contact consultants;
- ordering a call back on the website;
- online chat window;
- buttons of various messengers;
- phone number to call (free number or several numbers with all telecom operators);
- delivery by all possible postal and courier services;
- cash registers for online and offline payments;
- CRM program that integrates all communication channels into one system.
CRM software is the main tool for bringing omnichannel to business. Thanks to this, data from all channels is formed into one system. Gincore software has all the above tools. It allows you to create a customer database, keep track of orders, goods, financial transactions, as well as synchronize online and offline sales. In addition, Gincore integrates with telephony providers, mail and SMS messaging services, Telegram and Google Analytics.
All Gincore tools are linked. The program records all orders and requests of each client. As a result, any employee of the company will be able to see the client's story and provide quality service. Register on the Gincore website and use the software to introduce omnichannel into your business.
As soon as you register on the Gincore website, fill out the basic information, you can start developing omnichannel for your enterprise:
- The entire omnichannel system is built around a central object - the client.
- Determine all the channels of communication with which your employees will work. An up-to-date work plan must be prepared for each channel. Subordinates must understand that each means of communication has its own approaches, features and tools.
- It is necessary to assign one responsible employee for each communication channel. If more calls are received for some channels and one person cannot cope with the volume of work, then increase the number of subordinates for this communication facility.
- Tell your customers about all the channels of communication with your company. They should be aware that they can choose the communication options that are convenient for them.
- When introducing new channels, notify customers.
The Gincore system will perfectly allow you to work with an omnichannel strategy. It will be convenient for both your clients and all employees.
Opportunities and perspectives of omnichannel
One of the advantages of omnichannel is that no one communication channel can provide 100% quality customer service. In addition to the fact that the strategy has a lot of advantages mentioned above, omnichannel has the following possibilities for working online and offline:
- Selling on marketplaces. Today, you can not create an online store, but register on the marketplace and sell using this tool. Even if you have a website, sales on such sites help to increase your target audience and sales. You can also offer related products to the main purchase, provide different delivery and payment options. To synchronize sales on the Internet and in a real store, you can use the Gincore software. It is convenient to process all applications and orders in the program, check the availability of goods in the warehouse and perform other sales operations.
- Geolocation. According to new data, you can increase the number of sales using geolocation. Yandex Maps and Google Maps collect customer data, offer them products, and customers can not only find your company in the city, but also contact you through the maps application. Each incoming call can be saved in Gincore and a new customer account can be created. All his calls can be recorded in the future. Additionally, users can go to your site from the map apps.
- Delivery options. Some companies offer courier delivery, but it is not always easy to arrange. With the help of omnichannel, you can deliver orders not only by different courier services within the same city, but also use interregional transportation and different delivery services throughout the country.
Use all possible tools of the Gincore program. With its help, you can build an omnichannel strategy and work individually with each client. Such a system is convenient for both customers and your employees. The software provides tremendous opportunities for the development of your business, increasing customer loyalty and profits.